Emergency Services Show - Sunday 11th September
PUBLISHED: 18:27 25 August 2011 | UPDATED: 19:54 20 February 2013
This is a spectacular family fun day event which allows you to get 'behind the scenes' and gain unique insight and knowledge of how the blue light services work in partnership to protect you and the community...
This is a spectacular family fun day event which allows you to get behind the scenes and gain unique insight and knowledge of how the blue light services work in partnership to protect you and the community.
Hullavington Airfield, nr Chippenham just off junction 17 of the M4
The show gets bigger and better every year so dont miss the action packed line-up:
- Silver Stars Parachute Display Team
- South West Regional Police Dog Trials
- Balloon Release in memory of the 9/11 fallen heroes on the 10thanniversary
- Its A Knockout competition in aid of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance*
- Hydrosphere water balls kids challenge
- Arena demonstrations including HART (Hazardous Area Response Team) and a mock RTC (road traffic collision), plus police demos including drugs dogs and firearms education
- The Wiltshire Air Ambulance will base itself from the show for the day
- Fire engine and police car rides
- Supported by MORE Radio Swindon & Wiltshires brand new radio station
- Vintage & new emergency services vehicles parade
- Community Safety Advice
- Recruitment information
* Its A Knockout those wishing to enter a team need to do so in advance by contacting the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Fundraising Team on 07919 413013
The show is supported by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service and the Great Western Ambulance Service; with the primary aim of educating members of the public about many aspects of community safety. Whilst our respective organisations strongly support this event, we receive no direct funding from them or the government, and are totally reliant on the goodwill of our sponsors and supporters, as well as our visitors of course.
All proceeds raised from the show are donated to charities connected with the blue light services. In September 2010, approximately 10,000 people attended, and as a result of that, cheques totalling over 17,000 were presented to 15 charities. These charities included the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, South-West volunteer Search & Rescue Teams, Caring 4 Kids campaign and the Bobby Van Trust to name a few. Since the show started back in 2005, over 42,000 has been donated to charity.
Committee Chairman and Founder Chris Harvey has said about the planning of this years show:I never cease to be amazed by the shows popularity year on year. It is organised by a small voluntary committee who work tirelessly to provide members of the public with an event that is not only magnificent, but fantastic value for money as a family day out. The show attracts people of all ages and has plenty for everyone to see and do. We are currently working on a line-up of attractions to exceed last years record turnout and success, so make sure that you keep up to date by regularly checking the latest news section on www.emergencyservicesshow.com. We very much look forward to welcoming you to this years show. Plus, with demand on the emergency services resources at an all time high for the Olympics next year, the show has decided to take a break in 2012, so we are encouraging you to make the most of whats on offer this year!
Adults 5 each
Under 16s 2.50 each
Children under 3years go FREE
More information can be found online atwww.emergencyservicesshow.com